Monday, June 9, 2014

It's June!!!

Well, well, well who knew June would come so quickly!?

These past few weeks have been quite average if you ask me. The weekend before last weekend the host family and I headed over to the Art Museum of Catalunya. I am not a huge museum person (OK lets be honest... I am not a museum person at all, wish I was, but I'm not) but I didn't feel too guilty since the entrance fee was gratis (free)! 

We saw some cool art and stuff, then we were drawn to a gospel choir singing in the middle of the place. They were pretty good and sang a song from Mama Mia in Catalan so that was pretty cool. At this point we were watching from the balcony area and decided to go downstairs to be on the same level as the singers. When we got down the choir started singing "This Little Light of Mine" and were swaying back and forth (as gospel choirs do). Unfortunately one particular old lady got a little too into her swaying which earned her a spot on the floor... quite abruptly if you catch my drift and the concert quickly came to an end. (She was ok, just a little shaken up.)

Shortly after, we finished looking around the museum and then climbed a lot A LOT of stairs to see the view from the roof! Here are some pictures of all those shenanigans.

Los padres!

Just showing my appreciation of the arts.
Huh.....
YAY ART!
We will skip right on through my last week of school because lets be honest... Spanish school is quite boring!

This past weekend!

The weekend began on Friday night when Ana, Ana Maria, Roman and I packed into the car and drove into Barcelona to watch a fountain / lights / music show in the Plaza de Catalunya. It didn't last long but we did grab some ice cream and sat on the steps to watch the show.

The camera knows how to focus on what's important (the ice cream)!
Ya water, lights and music!

 Saturday comes along, we have a low family lunch then Roman, Ana Maria and I head off to Sitges which is a neighboring city which is very popular for tourists! Fun fact about Sitges is that it is home to the most gay couples in all of Spain, if not all of Europe!

First off we went to the beach first passing by a nude beach, then making it to the normal one where there was still a great deal of toplessness... the more ya know. 

Nude beach!

After a bit of beach time and literally only getting our ankles wet in sea water because it started to get windy and cool we went to find a cafe. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but with my host family, if not every Spanish family, going out of the house for any reason means you will end up at a cafe of some sort eating something or other. This time around it meant ice cream... writing these is helping me realize where all of this extra weight is coming from... MOVING RIGHT ALONG! 

As we were walking through the streets we wandered into a wedding of a gay couple, ya know the part where they throw rice and stuff! So that was cool and it just felt time and place correct considering we were walking through basically the capitol (capital?) of the gay couple community! 

After wandering for a bit longer we got back into the car and drove home. The car ride to and from Sitges is one of those classic European, windy, sea side roads which I absolutely LOVE! I honestly never had the type of appreciation for road trips such as this one before Spain that I have now. I love them!

Then Sunday was another lazy day. I went grocery shopping with Roman then to the pool with Ana and Ana Maria. That brings us to today which was just another low key chill day as will be the rest of the week minus Friday!!!!! But I will be writing about that when the time comes! ;)

Hope your weekends have been nice and relaxing as well! Sorry nothing extreeeeemly exciting hasn't been going on, but hopefully that will be coming up in the next few days and weeks I have left!

I'll be writing again soon, then seeing you all shortly after (TWO AND A HALF WEEKS LEFT NOW!) 

Adios Muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment